WOW, were we overwhelmed by so many Saturday book lovers! We’ve been busy before, but nothing like this. We are sorry some people didn’t have the chance to get books, but there is a limit to the book room in terms of space…and this is AFTER we moved a year ago to expand. It is a reminder NOT to show up at the last minute.
We’ve restocked, tidied up and we will be ready Tuesday, August 18th for you. We have an especially nice collection of small beginner books in Spanish, and we saved some of the Bear Books and poetry books for those of you who didn’t get them Saturday. We also seem to be getting a lot of popular teen series books.
Don’t forget the ‘over and above’ rack in the sign out room, where you can help yourself as long as you add them to your total. They aren’t counted as part of the book limits, they do count for your grand total.
Let’s remind you of who we are and what we do.
• We are an all volunteer run 501(c)3 dedicated to improving literacy by getting books to kids who need them.
• We get no government or corporate funding so we survive on private donations.
• We only give children’s books to adults who work in schools or other non-profits.
• We cannot allow children in the building. It is not safe and our insurance does not cover them.
• Almost all books are donated so we cannot promise specific titles and need to set limits on what you may take.
• We will not let anyone in after 5:45 since it takes a while to choose books and sign in and out.
• Please bring boxes or bags for your books. We do not always have them available.
We will be open on Saturday, August 8th from 10 AM to 12:30 PM.
We cannot let you in after 12:15 since it takes a while to choose and count your books.
Starting August 18th, we will be open every Tuesday and Thursday from 3-6 PM.
If you have books to donate, please call us at 510-408-7323.
Our address is:
955 12th St, Oakland, 94607
Please remember to bring boxes and bags for your books.